If you want a taste of the best thing next to pasta; try spaghetti squash without feeling all the guilt of carbs creeping at your body. It honestly tastes just as good; and just think all the calories you are saving. I am SO in! Yes, pasta only takes 10 minutes to cook unlike the squash which can take up to 50 minutes but its okay! You can do plenty of other things in the meantime like get the sauce ready or do a load of laundry like I did. No time is wasted over in this house. I promise after you make this dish; you will make it again and again especially since the squash is still in season and in all the markets. If you try any of my recipes, please use the #fufuinthekitchen on social media so I can see. I would absolutely love to see your creations. You can also comment below 🙂
Servings: 2 people
Time: approx. 50 minutes
1 Spaghetti Squash cut horizontally and take out seeds
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees F.
- Take the spaghetti squash that has already been cut in half with the seeds taken out and drizzle them with olive oil, salt & pepper, and the garlic powder on the flesh side of the squash.
- Rub that all in and then place the squash flesh side down on a greased baking sheet. Pop in the oven for 45-50 minutes till tender.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh out which will look like small spaghetti strands and place in a bowl. Mix in the sauce and serve with grilled chicken to make it even heartier if you wish. That is what I did; and it was delicious.
*Tip: When cutting the squash in half; be very careful because the shell (skin) is pretty touch to cut. I recommend placing the squash in the microwave for 3 minutes which will soften the shell a bit making it easier to cut. Also, have towel laying beneath the squash before cutting so the squash stays in place.
1 tbsp basil pesto
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp minced garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
Pinch of cumin
1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice
1 tbsp olive oil
- In a saute pan, mix all the sauce ingredients together for 5-7 minutes on low to medium heat till slightly thickened. Set aside once done. This will be mixed in with the spaghetti squash once it is cooked.