I think by now you guys know my motto; if you can make it fresh then it is always better than buying it in a can or jar. So instead of buying roasted peppers; I took it upon myself to make my own and show you how to do it as well. Better yet, I also share an amazingly delicious roasted red pepper dip that you can easily make. Honestly it is so easy that there is no excuse not to make your own! The dip is also a tad sweet from the roasted peppers but the garlic and pine nuts take it to the next level in flavor town! Yes, I just said flavor town 🙂 I love roasted peppers in my panini’s with some grilled chicken. Also amazing with a garlic olive oil pasta with some shrimp. Can’t forget the peppers with nice piece of steak or in a fajita!
4 Bell Peppers
Olive oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take stems and seeds out of bell pepper. Cut the pepper in half and place cut side down.
- Spray with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes till blackened in spots.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before peeling off the skin.
- Then store in an airtight container and refrigerate it.
- I used mine right away to create this dip below!
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup olive oil
2 roasted peppers sliced
1/2 a lemon’s juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
Pinch of Italian seasoning
2 garlic cloves
- Combine everything in a food processor and pulse for about a minute.