Hello my lovely friends! Who is ready for the weekend? I know I sure am.
Lately, I have been on an oatmeal high; oatmeal pancakes, oatmeal bowls, and now oatmeal breakfast muffins. I had several apples still in my fruit bowl from going apple picking a few weeks back. A light bulb went off in my head and I thought; Hey, why not oatmeal apple muffins. A great snack to pack for my husband’s lunch but also a filling nutritious on the go breakfast for those crazy mornings. So, I diced away on my apples and this is the recipe I came up with! Hope you all enjoy 🙂
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings : 12 muffins
1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
1 ¼ cups old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup unsweetened apple butter or apple sauce (I used apple butter)
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/2 a ripe banana
1/2 a cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 small apples, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray your muffin tin with Pam baking spray or any non stick cooking spray so the batter will not stick to the pan.
- Then, in a large bowl combine the flour, oats, baking powder & soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger.
- In another bowl, mix together your coconut oil, almond milk, apple butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Then proceed by adding your diced up apples and banana into the bowl as well. Fold everything together well.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes in the oven. Allow to cool. If not intended to be eaten within the first 48 hours then store in an air tight container in the fridge.
- I see this recipe working well as a pancake mixture as well. I will be trying that next and keeping you updated 🙂