Hi everyone! It is almost the start of a New Year. How insane, right? Time really does fly. My 2017 has been a roller coaster without a doubt. I wish you all a blessed New Year filled with love, health, and happiness!
So, anyone that knows me knows my favorite chocolate is Ferrero Rocher. I absolutely love the flavor combination of hazelnut with chocolate. It is simply divine. My mom recently sent me some fresh hazelnuts and the first thing that came to mind was to make chocolate hazelnut bark. To make it more festive, I added some gold sprinkles which is just perfect for New Years!
These treats are so simple to make and require no more than 3 ingredients. You can also use the same technique with different flavors or ingredients for the same outcome. For example, you can use white chocolate instead of semi sweet chocolate and crushed peppermint instead of hazelnuts if you wanted. How awesome is that?! These taste great as is and are a beautiful textural piece on a cake as well. This chocolate hazelnut bark actually inspired my cake below!
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips or pieces
1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir and add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Stir the chocolate some more till smooth.
- In a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pour the chocolate onto the pan and spread the chocolate to about 1 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the chopped hazelnut evenly on top of the chocolate. Add some gold sprinkles for a festive touch.
- Place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Then take out and break into pieces using your hands. Place pieces back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Take out and store in an air tight container. Place back in the fridge until use.