These are my go to dessert when I have people coming over; they always seem to be a crowd pleaser. On top of that, it doesn’t take much time to make at all yet has great flavorful without being overly sweet. Next time you have some ripe bananas lying around do yourself a favor and try this recipe; trust me you will not be disappointed!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: approx. 15
1 ripe banana
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1/2 cup of raisins
1 tablespoon of flour
1 box of French vanilla cake mix (you will need eggs, vegetable oil, and water)
- Follow the cake mix instructions to make the batter. Basically adding the eggs, vegetable oil, water, and cake mix into a bowl and mix it until smooth.
- Get your ripe banana and lightly mash it before adding it to the cake batter.
- Then add your cinnamon and chopped walnuts into the mixture as well.
- Before putting the raisins in the batter; I have a little trick where I toss them in flour before adding it to the cake batter in order for them not to stick to the bottom of the cake pan or muffin tin. Once, you do that; add the raisins to the mixture as well and gently stir everything together.
- Get your muffin tin and spray with Pam baking spray so the muffins don’t stick or your loaf pan if you decide to go that route. Fill 3/4 of each muffin placement; you don’t want to fill it all the way or the batter will overflow when baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 20 minutes till muffins are baked through in the center- to check use a tooth pick. It should slightly brown on top as well.
- Once that is achieved, take it out and allow to cool and they are ready to eat!
- Now if you want to create an extra dimension of flavor into this muffin you can introduce some homemade caramel. I found this recipe to be very helpful; it is not my own.
- I will share the link below. It definitely adds a subtle sweetness to the muffin; plus who doesn’t love caramel!
- I poked the muffins with a tooth pick and added the glaze over the top so some of that ooeyyy goooeyy caramel oozes into the muffin as well.
- Garnish with some crushed walnuts and raisins for a pretty presentation.