Vegetables can make really tasty side dishes with just minimal ingredients. Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables especially when baked in the oven. It takes on flavor so well; it is super moist yet a tad crispy on the outside. Just a little salt, pepper, olive oil, and fresh garlic goes a long way! Let me show you how easy it is 🙂
Servings: 2-3 people
Total Time: 45 minutes
3 zucchinis sliced in half
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup fresh mozzarella
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
*can easily be made vegan if using dairy free cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh chopped garlic.
- Spray a pan lightly with olive oil then place the zucchinis skin down on the pan. Using a spoon, drizzle the olive oil garlic mixture on top till zucchini is well coated.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Flip the zucchinis over and allow the other side to brown a tad as well for another 15 minutes. Once again, flip over and add the garlic powder, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Place back in the oven for another 2 minutes till cheese is melted. * Melted cheese is a great way to have your kids want to eat their veggies 🙂
- Take the zucchinis out and sprinkle some finishing salt and Italian seasoning on top.